It’s Official

So, Kelly and I got engaged officially on Thursday.

I’m not exactly sure how to tell this story. It seems like there are a bunch of different angles I could take.

I could explain all of the events (and lack of events) between now and talking to Kelly’s dad back in April, but I’m afraid that if I talk about how long we’ve been planning on this it will make it hard to tell how long I’ve been hoping for it.

Of course, I could just write about how we struggled to find a ring and make plans that we felt good about, but it would probably end up sounding like a political post instead of a story of growing and learning together, so I think I’ll save that for a different blog.

Instead, maybe I could write about how I bought the ring as soon as we settled on a design. But then, I’m not exactly sure I could write about a commercial purchase and still explain how I did it because I was so excited to marry Kelly.

It might be fun to tell about how I tried so hard to keep the purchase a secret from Kelly, and how I enlisted help from her friends and made a front like I wasn’t sure I could afford it yet. Although, that secret ended up being kind of stressful since it took almost twice as long as anticipated to have the ring made. I guess that’s still the wrong focus.

I guess I could just write about the proposal itself, and about taking Kelly on a hike in the mountains on a trail that was special to us, and about kneeling next to each other in the forest as I proposed. But I’m not sure I can really tell that story without recounting what I said to Kelly about how much I love her and want to be with her. So I’ll probably have to leave that out so I don’t embarrass myself.

Well, I’m all out of ideas, and I still don’t have anything to write about. I hope people will understand how lucky and in love and loved I feel, even if I don’t know what to write to explain it.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to It’s Official

1. starme55 says:

B: I’d just like to say that (as Kelly’s favorite roommate) I was voting for you all along. Seriously. From date one.

Kel: Your marrying Bryant may put an end to our common law marriage, but I just want you to remember that I remain your spouse in the eyes of Costco.
    I am glad you speak my language, you little Buttery Minskiss. And I think you should name your first son Richard.

2. lae26 says:

so i want to keep a date open, but not if this is all going down in connecticut (i don’t even know how to spell that state!) or colorado (ok we could probably make it to colorado). so are you twos gonna get married in utah??

3. bec says:

YEAH! Congratulations & Happy eternity!

Really cool blog too, by the way

4. doncordell says:

Best wishes to the both of you! I’m so happy for you right now that I won’t curse you out for making me register with this new system just to leave a congratulatory comment. Good luck with all the planning and stuff.

5. mlr33alr says:

Congratulations Bryant and Kelly! Please keep us posted on where your wedding will be as well as the reception(s).

~Mark & April

6. kimdubois says:

Guys. This news is so great, I actually went through all of those steps to register just to leave this comment. Congratulations!

7. LadyC says:

I was just glad to hear that you did it. I would like to someday hear the real story. Congrat’s to my brother and future sister!

8. Starla says:

Those stories were so sweet. When I first met Bryant my in September 2004, I thought he would never get married because he was mean. And I guess Kelly going on a mission is out of the question for a while. Now that I know you both and love you both, I couldn’t be more excited! I can’t wait to see you both at the reception :)

9. jrsteelman says:

I saw the name Macy’s on yalls gift registry and my first thought was that you were registered with Macy’s, the grocery store. That got me really excited and hungry for some reason and I thought it was the coolest idea to register for food. Then you could have a shopping spree at the grocery store. Do you remember that game show (I think it was on the lifetime channel) where the husband and wife team had a certain amount of time to buy as much as they could in groceries? That’s kind of the way I pictured it. But then I clicked the link and realized I was thinking of the wrong Macy’s.